Randolph EMC strives to meet the needs of our member-owners, especially during power outages. If you or someone at your location uses life-sustaining equipment powered by electricity, you may qualify for placement on our “Medical Support” list.
Although we can’t promise having a Medical Support Status will get your power restored first, we can assure you that we will keep you informed of restoration progress so you can determine if alternative care solutions may be necessary. We encourage all members to plan ahead and be prepared in the event of an outage.
Having a Medical Support Status on your account:
Ensures you will be informed of scheduled outages in your area that may affect your life support equipment. You will receive a notification of the date, time and estimated duration of the outage so that you may make necessary arrangements.
- Does not indicate or guarantee that power will be restored any faster. In the event of an extended outage, members on life-sustaining equipment should be prepared to seek other means of electricity until power is restored. Other means of electricity may include, but are not limited to, a backup generator, an emergency shelter, or staying with friends or relatives with power. In emergency situations involving life support systems, you should call 911 for help.
- Does not make a member exempt from his or her monthly obligations with Randolph Electric Membership Corporation. Should you have any questions or problems concerning your account, please contact our office so we may assist you.
If you or another REMC member needs to apply for Medical Support Status, please follow the steps below.
- Download the Medical Support Application form.
- Print and complete the form by hand or complete the form electronically and then print.
- All of the information requested must be provided, including physician’s signature and physician’s documentation on letterhead as indicated on the form.
Once completed, you can bring the form and documentation by the Asheboro or Robbins offices or send to our office by any method below.
Mail - Randolph EMC, C/O Ravonda Hanes, PO Box 40, Asheboro, NC 27204
Fax - 336-626-7230 (enter all 10 numbers)
Email - Ravonda.Hanes@RandolphEMC.com