Sharing Success Community Grants
Randolph EMC’s core values guide our philanthropic efforts, and our People Helping People (PHP) program is one example of how the cooperative is dedicated to making a positive, lasting impact on the communities we serve.
The Sharing Success Community Grants Program is a special project of PHP, made possible through the generosity of CoBank, an industry lender. Community Grant funds are separate and apart from monthly member contributions to PHP.
CoBank allocates $4 million annually to match cooperatives’ charitable contributions to nonprofit organizations in their local communities. For 2020, CoBank matched Randolph EMC’s donation of $7,500 to PHP to provide a total of $15,000 in grant funding for nonprofit agencies in Randolph, Moore, Montgomery, Alamance and Chatham counties.
Qualifying organizations may apply for up to $2,000 in funding to implement programs or purchase necessary equipment to facilitate programs that will make a positive impact in the communities where Randolph EMC member-owners reside. All applications must be received electronically by May 31, 2020.
People Helping People is most effective when it focuses on helping people in need and providing support to community organizations that enjoy universal support among the members. Projects submitted for consideration should:
- Positively impact a significant number of community members, and
- Meet under- or unmet needs in any of the following areas:
- HEALTH & WELLBEING—meet basic human needs to ensure continued well-being;
- FINANCIAL SUPPORT—provide support for families in income-challenged situations; or
- EDUCATION ADVANCEMENT—provide or enrich learning opportunities for the community at-large.
Timely applications will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- The potential to impact a significant number of community members;
- The potential direct benefit to Randolph EMC members;
- Level of community support for the program or project;
- Organization’s capability to deliver a quality service or program and leverage resources through other funding, in-kind donations, volunteers and/or partnerships;
- Predictability of anticipated 12-month results;
- Supported photos and diagrams;
- Effective use of prior grants; and
- Equitable distribution of funds throughout the five-county service area.
For additional information or questions, please contact Jill Vanness at 336-625-5177 or Jill.Vanness@RandolphEMC.com.
Please download the following application and email to Jill.Vanness@RandolphEMC.com with all necessary documentation.
Click Link to Download Application: 2020 Sharing Success Community Grant Application