Randolph EMC's Preparedness & Response to COVID-19
As a community-based electricity provider, Randolph EMC practices and promotes a comprehensive culture of safety. Amid growing concerns about the Coronavirus (COVID-19), we invite you, our members, to share in this culture to limit the potential impacts the virus could have on our local community.
Randolph EMC is monitoring COVID-19 and taking proactive steps to ensure there will be no disruption to business operations or service to our members in the event our area is impacted. We will remain engaged with local emergency management officials to ensure decisions are made with the highest level of situational awareness.
In order to minimize potential spread, we encourage you to utilize our online and by-phone services, including bill pay options you may use from the convenience of your home. These include:
- Randolph EMC Mobile App
Our free app is available for all your mobile devices and provides the quick convenience you need to pay your bill, view usage and billing history, set and adjust alerts and notifications and more. Search for “Randolph EMC” on the App Store or Google Play to download, then sign in using your credentials for the Online Member Service Portal. If you need assistance creating a log-in or have other questions, please call your local office.
- Online Member Service Portal
This web portal connects you to all areas of your account. Pay your bill, check daily and hourly energy use, view current and past bills, set up high usage alerts or billing notifications, update contact information, access our outage map and social media pages and more.
- Autopayment Options
Set up your account to have bills paid automatically by bank draft from your checking or savings account or by recurring credit or debit card payment.
- Pay by Phone
Call 1-877-534-2319 to pay your bill or hear your current balance by phone.
Following are some additional steps Randolph EMC is taking to protect the wellbeing of our employees and members:
- Following the guidance of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), we have reviewed and updated our Emergency Response and Business Operations Plans to safeguard our operations.
- We are reviewing applicable policies and procedures including those that pertain to teleworking, cross-training of employees and medical leave to ensure that adequate staffing levels are maintained at all times.
- We also are reviewing procedures and practices to ensure continuity of operations for our website, telephone and mobile app services for members.
- As the COVID-19 situation evolves, we will give careful consideration and follow CDC recommendations about whether to host public gatherings, such as our annual meeting. Please stay connected with us via RandolphEMC.com, Facebook or Twitter for the latest updates.
Guidance for members
We encourage our members to continue to take everyday precautions to help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases as recommended by the CDC and the N.C. Department of Health and Human Services. These include:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating, and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- It is not recommended that people who are well wear a facemask, but facemasks should be used by those who show symptoms of COVID-19 to help prevent the spread of disease to others.
In addition, we urge members to stay extra vigilant about cyber scams regarding COVID-19. Cyber actors may send emails with malicious attachments or links to fraudulent websites to trick victims into revealing sensitive information or donating to fraudulent charities or causes. Exercise caution in handling any email with a COVID-19-related subject line, attachment, or hyperlink, and be wary of social media pleas, texts or calls related to COVID-19.
Please reach out to us at 336-625-5177 in Asheboro or 910-948-3401 in Robbins or at General@RandolphEMC.com with any questions or concerns.