PHP Community Grants
In 2017, Randolph Electric Membership Corporation’s People Helping People (PHP) program will award $10,000 in grant funds to local nonprofit agencies in Randolph, Moore, Montgomery, Alamance and Chatham counties. Qualifying organizations may apply for funding up to $2,000 to implement programs or purchase needed equipment to facilitate a program that will help make a positive impact in the communities where Randolph EMC member-owners reside.
The Community Grants Program is a special project of PHP, made possible because its partnership with cooperative lender CoBank. CoBank recently awarded $5,000 to PHP as part of its Sharing Success Matching Grant Program. Sharing Success was started in 2012 as a way to give back to co-ops and the nonprofits they support. Under the program, CoBank allocates $3 million annually to match charitable contributions by cooperatives to nonprofit organizations in their local communities, up to $5,000 per co-op.
With Randolph EMC’s $5,000 contribution combined with CoBank’s $5,000 match, People Helping People is able to extend its charitable reach into the community with $10,000 for nonprofit agencies for the third year in a row.
Grant applications are available below and will be accepted through May 31, 2017. The People Helping People Board of Directors will carefully review the applications and award the grants in July. For additional information or questions, please contact Kathleen Duckworth at 336-625-5177 or Kathleen.Duckworth@RandolphEMC.com.
Apply for a 2017 PHP Community Grant
Certified 501(c)(3) agencies in Randolph, Moore, Montgomery, Alamance and Chatham counties may apply for a grant up to $2,000 for specific projects that will help make a positive impact in communities served by Randolph Electric Membership Corporation.
Priority Is Placed On Projects That:
- Positively impact and address an unmet need for a significant number of community members
- Have the potential to serve a broad and diverse range of community members
- Contain measurable short term outcomes within 12 months
Timeline for Grant Applications/Funding:
- March 1, 2017: Open time for request for proposals; Grant applications sent to organizations.
- May 31, 2017: All completed grant applications must be received by this date to be considered for funding.
- Early July (PHP Meeting): Review completed grant applications at PHP Board Meeting
- July 2017: Award grants to organizations; Meet with organizations to take photos.
To apply for a PHP Community Grant, please download, complete and email the application below in electronic format to Kathleen.Duckworth@RandolphEMC.com.